Monday, October 29, 2012

Bow tutorial

Good Morning everyone!
I hope you are all having a wonderful Monday!  My thoughts and prayers are with those of you who are on the East Coast dealing with Hurricane Sandy.  I hope everyone will be OK and that the damages won't be too severe.
On a side note I would like to remind everyone that for TODAY ONLY- Stampin' Up! is offering a 15% discount on all stamps in the Holiday Catalog and the Annual Catalog.  The only exceptions are:  Hostess Sets, Bundled Stamp Sets and Digital Stamp Brush Sets.  Please let me know if you have any questions!  I can be reached at (734) 497-8521 or via email at dani.dziama@gmail.com

Today I have a bow tutorial to share with you.  I didn't come up with the idea however I have tweaked the bow to my satisfaction.  My dimensions below are for 2 bows.  There is a large bow and a small bow.  I used the Candlelight Christmas Designer Series Paper for both bows.  These are SUPER easy to make and don't require a lot of time.  It actually took me less than 10  minutes per bow to make mine!

Large Bow and Small Bow:



For the Large Bow:  Cut your DSP to the dimensions listed below.


You will need to cut:
3 strips of DSP that are 3/4" x 12" long
3 strips of DSP that are 3/4" x 11" long
2 strips of DSP that are 3/4" x 10" long
1 strip of DSP that is 3/4" x 4 1/2" long

Make a loop out of the 3/4" x 4 1/2" strip.  Twist the remaining strips so that there is a loop at the top and one at the bottom.  
Your strip will start like this:
Twist a loop at the top:


and one at the bottom:
Hot glue each loop where they meet in the middle to hold them together.  Repeat the above process for all of the 12, 11, and 10" strips.  When you are finished twisting- this is what you should have:

Start assembling your bow using the 12" loops first.  Lay out and hot glue so your loops like the picture below:


Next, add in the 11" loops in the same way you did with the first layer.  Be sure you adhere each loop with hot glue in the center where they meet.  
Your bow should look like this now:

Add the 10" loops in the same manner as the above loops.
Third layer:
Put a small pool of hot glue on the bottom of the 4 1/2" loop.  Press the loop into the center of the bow.  

Ta da:

Wasn't that easy?  The small bow is made exactly like the large bow but with different strip dimensions.  Those dimensions are listed below:


For the small bow- you will need:
3 strips of DSP that are 1/2" x 8" long
3 strips of DSP that are 1/2" x 7" long
2 strips of DSP that are 1/2" x 6" long
1 strip of DSP that is 1/2" x 2 1/2" long
To make this bow- simply follow the tutorial for the large bow.  
These bows are very easy to create and make a beautiful addition to your gift packaging! 
Thanks for checking in and I hope you've enjoyed the tutorial!
As always- please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have!




No comments:

Post a Comment