Friday, December 29, 2017

A Card for Someone Special.....Sara!

Good afternoon! The card I'm sharing tonight was created for a very special person.  Sara Douglass.  AKA the CEO of Stampin' UP!  Earlier this fall the Artisan Design Team was invited to create a card for Sara that would be displayed in the Legacy Room at Stampin' UP!   I wanted to create something that was really special because let's face it- Sara is pretty amazing.   I was so worried about how my card would turn out.  Would it be special enough?  Would Sara like it?  Would it be worthy of the Legacy Room?  I had all these questions racing through my mind and no answers!  

Can you guess which one is mine?


I was SO excited to create this card.  I mean after all black, white and little splashes of color are my idea of the perfect card!  So the challenge was accepted and this is what I created!
I began with a standard A2 Basic Black card base.  I then added a Whisper White/Basic Black striped layer.   Next- I created my favorite part of the card....the Berry Burst ribbon rose with Lemon Lime Twist leaves.  I layered it all upon a Delicate White Doilie, added a square Vellum frame and various other embellishments and BAM!  Done!


Here's a closeup of the Berry Burst Ribbon Rose.  Isn't it gorgeous?  It measures approximately an inch and a half in diameter possibly a little larger.  I can't remember exactly  but it was pretty good sized.
To create the sentiment- I stamped the You're Just Lovely stamp from the Oh So Eclectic Stamp Set 3 times.  Why 3 times you ask?  Simply because the sentiment is actually in a stack on the stamp- meaning that each word is on it's own separate line. To create the look I wanted- I needed to stamp the sentiment in two straight lines.  Thankfully the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig came to the rescue!

Overall I love this card.  It's beautiful and totally my style!  I love everything about it!  I hope you have enjoyed my card!


1 comment:

  1. Love the striped ribbon looking like candles. In having me look at it another way, it also reminds me of a piano keyboard. I may need to try this on my own! Thanks for the inspo!

    ReplyDelete