Monday, July 6, 2015

Rusty Roses!

Hello there!  Tonight  I'm sharing another project that I created for the Inking Idaho on the Road event a few weeks ago in Columbus, OH.  For this project- I was asked to decorate this particular style Marquee Arrow. 
The arrow itself measures approximately 2' long and about 6" wide.  It's definitely quite large and will make the perfect decoration.  Now I just have to figure out where to put it!
 The arrow itself is wooden and the inside of the arrow is metal which has been weathered in several places.  I loved the arrow just as it was so choosing how to decorate it was tricky!  

After toying around with several different ideas- I chose to go with this one!  The rusted roses really add a lot of extra detail to this piece.  



I wanted to keep the same rustic theme that the arrow already had so I decorated the edges with some rusty roses!  The Spiral Flower Originals Die is the perfect tool to create all the beautiful roses with!  It just took a little time and patience!

 The picture below is a close up of the rust and the rusty roses.  Not all of the roses were created the same.  For some of them- the edges were sponged after the flower was complete.  Others were sponged before they were rolled up into roses.  Cajun Craze makes the PERFECT rust!


You'll notice that several of the roses are just plain but wherever there's rust on the arrow-I have made the roses in that particular area rusty as well.   
I hope you have enjoyed this project!  It was a lot of fun to create and it is absolutely gorgeous!  Thanks for stopping by!

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment