Sunday, March 1, 2015

Sending Wishes Your Way

Hello!  Have you seen the beautiful vintage painted mason jars floating around on Pinterest?  I must admit- they are some of my favorites!  LOVE vintage distressed mason jars!  I think that they make beautiful yet functional decorations.  I was looking for some ideas for a vintage looking vase when I came across the  jar below.  It was on the Handmade Wedding at Orcutt Ranch from Ruffled website.


How perfect is that?  I absolutely adore everything there is about that vase and floral arrangement.  It's simple yet sophisticated and the colors are gorgeous!  Even though my vintage distressed mason jar is just beginning I wanted to share it with you.  It will eventually be filled with a gorgeous bouquet of paper flowers but for now- this is what's complete so far.


I painted the mason jar with some chalk paint.  After it was dry- I sanded in random spots to distress the jar. The Ball and WIDEMOUTH raised images were also sanded.  It's difficult to see in the picture but I promise it looks beautiful!

The tag was created with the following Stampin' Up! products:
Card Stock:  Water Color Paper
Stamps:  Butterfly Basics
Inks:  Crumb Cake, Lost Lagoon, Wild Wasabi
Tools/other supplies:  Big Shot, Butterflies Thinlits, 1/2" Very Vanilla Seam Binding Ribbon, Pearl Basic Jewels, Project Life Corner Rounder Punch, Tag Topper Scalloped Punch, Aqua Painter, water

 

No comments:

Post a Comment