Wednesday, February 25, 2015

hello

Hello there!
I was challenged to create a card that was simple and yet elegant.  Do you think I succeeded?  I sometimes think that creating projects that are clean and simple are just too difficult for me.  I personally prefer cards with TONS of layers, embellishments and textures.  There's just something about a project that's totally decked out that I love.

Although this isn't my typical style I think I like the outcome!  It was a fun challenge!  I could have added some texture by stamping the card with Gorgeous Grunge (and believe me- I thought about it!) But then I didn't want to defeat the purpose of this clean and simple design.  Thanks for stopping by!

PS:  Those cute little Pearl Basic Jewels were smooshed onto the VersaMark ink pad and then dipped in the Gold stampin' emboss powder.  Then promptly heated with the heat tool.  I dipped them a few times to get the gold tone that I was looking for.  LOVE them!

Card Ingredients:
Card Stock:  Whisper White, Gold Glimmer Paper
Tools/other supplies:  Stampin' Trimmer, Stacked With Love Washi Tape, Big Shot, Hello You Thinlits Dies, Pearl Basic Jewels, Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder, Heat Tool, Paper Snips

No comments:

Post a Comment