Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Perfect Blend

Good morning!
How are you today?  Did you have a crazy busy Monday like I did?  I spent the majority of the day trying to strip paint from an old chest of drawers.  First I tried to sand the paint off but that wasn't working so I decided to try some industrial strength liquid paint stripper.  The paint stripper worked well but it was also harmful to work with.  I was wearing rubber gloves and I could still feel the stripper eating through to my skin!  Fortunately I was able to wash it off quickly and add a few more pairs of gloves so that the paint stripper would take longer to get to my skin.  So far- so good!  The paint is completely stripped off and now I'm in the process of sanding the rest of the stain/finish off.  I've found several fun ideas on how to refinish old furniture so I thought I'd give one a try!  I can't wait till it's done!  Then my punches will have a new home!  (They currently are in a cardboard box).

Even though I was busy working on my furniture piece- I still had some time to whip up a CAS card real quick!  (CAS stands for  Clean and Simple for those of you who are wondering)  It's nothing fancy but it sure is cute!  I've actually had this set since June but this is the first time I ever used it.  I LOVE it!  Such a fun little set!  Hmm...the ideas are brewing in my head!  I've got many great ideas for this little set!

Card Ingredients:
Card Stock:  Very Vanilla, Early Espresso
DSP:  Sweater Weather, Neutrals DSP stack
Stamps:  Perfect Blend
Ink:  Early Espresso
Tools:  Stampin' Trimmer, Paper Snips, Neutrals Candy Buttons, Curly Label Punch, Big Shot, Chevron Embossing Folder, Linen  Thread, Stampin' Dimensionals, SNAIL, Glue Dots

No comments:

Post a Comment