Sunday, August 18, 2013

2013 Artisan Design Team Finalists Blog Hop- Day 9

                                                                     
                                                                      
Good evening!  
Welcome to Day 9!  This is the second to last day of our blog hop.  I saved my 2 favorite scrapbook pages to share with you for these last 2 days.  

This scrapbook page features my daughter Amanda when she was 3 yrs old (she's 19 now).  This has always been one of my favorite pictures of her.  I love it because she's trying to hold her kitty Mufasa (but he was a bit large) and it's just super cute.  As you can see from the picture of this page- my actual picture isn't the best quality.  It was taken years before digital camera's were available.   Just because a picture isn't the best quality, it shouldn't deter you from scrapbooking it anyway!  After all- it's the memory you're trying to preserve!
This page is also really special to me because our finished basement flooded two years ago this coming November and I lost pretty much every picture I had from when my kids were little.  This picture (and the picture from tomorrow's post) were the only survivors.  Thankfully I was able to scan the pictures into the computer before I sent my pages off!  I'm thinking I will recreate these pages and put them in frames.  

Calypso Coral is the main color for this page.  It coordinates perfectly with the Tea for Two DSP (my favorite!).  I stamped the Distressed Dots stamp background stamp all over the page and  then added a layer of Tea for Two DSP.  A series of 12 Tea for Two Pinwheels make the border.  The SWEET sentiment is actually embroidered onto a piece of Canvas Creations.  Various banners and pennants finish off the page.  
I love how it turned out!



Page ingredients:
Card Stock:  Calypso Coral, Baja Breeze, Lucky Limeade
DSP:  Tea for Two DSP
Stamps: Distressed Dots
Ink:  Calypso Coral
Tools:  Stampin' Trimmer, Calypso Coral Bakers Twine, Stampin' Dimensionals, SNAIL, Glue Dots, Big Shot, 1/8" Silver Mini Brads, Paper Snips, Pinwheel Sizzlits Die, Chevron Embossing Folder, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Paper Piercing Tool, Tea Lace Paper Doilies, sewing machine, dark brown thread

Next up is the fabulous Dara Gloden!  Please click the next button to visit her page!

Cathy Casey
Dara Gloden

4 comments:

  1. This is OUTSTANDING! I love how creative and colorful it is! I'm so sorry about your basement flood and your pictures. Crafting is a good way to deal with all those emotions...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet page! I love all of the pinwheels! So sorry that you lost so many of your treasured photos...such a bummer :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a treasure!! The photo is darling and your layout is work of art! I love the pinwheels! They add such a fun and carefree element to your page. I am so,so sorry about the flood. I hope you do recreate this page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a happy page this is!! Those little pinwheels just make me want to go outside and play with one! Such a fun page!

    ReplyDelete